Wednesday, December 2, 2015

What to read wednesday

I started (and finished) The House of Silk by Anthony Horowitz over the holiday weekend. Have I ever mentioned how much I love Sherlock Holmes and all things Sherlock Holmes related? I liked this book, it's a quick read and has lots of twists and turns but in the end the threads all make sense. I'm reading the second book in his series now, Moriarty, and I'm liking this book a tad more because I find it more interesting, but it's also scarier/more violent, so stay tuned for future updates and if my feelings change.

I also recently finished A Fire Beneath the Skin books 1 & 2, Ink Mage and The Tattooed Duchess by Victor Gischler. These books are not for the faint of heart -- there is a lot of blood and gore and actually sex too, which surprised me. I stumbled upon this series on Audible.com and listened to them on my drives to and from work. They were absolutely engrossing and I can't WAIT until the third book in the series comes out, but they definitely aren't for everyone. I happen to love fantasy books and stories about magical/other worlds, but I almost stopped reading the first book because it was so gory. Luckily I kept going and ended up really liking the stories.

I think I might like to read something Christmassy this holiday season? Maybe A Christmas Carol?

What books are on your reading list?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio