Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Fall Trend Alert

Hey guys! Happy Tuesday! Today I'm walking you guys through some of this year's hottest fall trends. I'm sure you've been seeing statement chokers everywhere, including this wrap choker necklace. (I have a special post coming soon about the wrap choker... so stay tuned!) Ok so, if you're like me and you love the 90's, it doesn't really get better than a nice velvet choker paired with a loose cami, button down skirt and those chunky black platforms we all owned back in the day.

Statement Chokers


I'm also loving the cold shoulder dresses and tops that are the perfect transition piece to wear from summer to fall. You can see my cold shoulder look for Vegas.com here. I also love this blush pleated cold shoulder top that I posted about here. Cold shoulder tops are a great way to dress up jeans. They're perfect for date night because they're a little bit sexy and show just the right amount of skin. Pair a cold shoulder dress with a killer pair of heels.

Cold Shoulder/ Off the Shoulder


Bell Sleeves have also made their comeback! Here are some of my bell sleeve picks:
Bell Sleeves


There's nothing that says cool girl quite like a bomber jacket. Find a color you like and either jazz it up with your own patches, or opt to buy one that already has them! I personally love the satin bomber and I'm totally regretting donating a satin Puma bomber jacket I owned back in high school... Sigh.
Bomber Jackets


Ok I kid you not... I owned a pair of chunky heeled blue velvet boots when I was in middle school (they were the SPITTING IMAGE of the ones I linked below!) They were my pride and joy and I wore them on the first day of school in the 5th grade. I wanted to play football with the boys so I took off my boots to go run around in the field and as I was running through the grass I stepped on a bee and got stung :'( That was the first and only (KNOCK ON WOOD) time I've been stung by a bee! Anyway the boots below are a total trip down memory lane for me!
Velvet


Can't you just picture yourself cozying up on your couch with a nice soft cream colored sweater, a cup of tea and a great book?
Cream Colored


I hope you all have a vest you love in your closet because it's seriously a fall/winter staple. If you don't already own a vest, here are some great finds:
Vests




Booties galore! Must have for fall!! Pair them with a cute pair of skinnies, a white tee (half-tucked) and a long cardigan for a super cozy and cute look!
Booties

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio