Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Tips & Tricks: Combatting Burnout

Work is killing me just a little this week. I love my job, but I wish I had about 739857497 hours in a day to get everything done! We all experience that sometimes, right? Feeling burned out, tired, or just in need of a pick me up. For today's Tips & Tricks,  I'm sharing my top five favorite ways to combat burnout and rejuvenate!

1. Get a mani/pedi. This is high on my list, particularly because my nail place has amazing massage chairs that I'm completely obsessed with. There's nothing like a chair massage kneading out every knot in your upper back while you're getting pampered with a pedicure.

2. Take a nap. What can I say? Sometimes you just need to take a nap after work. Nappers gonna nap nap nap nap nap... When I'm sleep deprived, I can nap for hours after work and still get a full night of sleep. (Anyone else out there a hardcore napper??)

3. Call a friend. I had a nice chat with my friend Alyssa yesterday after a super long day at work. She is just such a bright spot in my life! Talking with her makes me feel understood, uplifted and happy. That to me is a sign of a true friend. Someone who listens to you, empathizes with you, lets you vent but also challenges negative thoughts you may have about yourself or a situation in your life. She is also exceptionally good at having a balanced conversation. I love hanging up the phone with her feeling like I know what's going on in her life, while also having had the time to share what's going on in mine. (Alyssa, if you're reading this, love you girl! You are a great friend!)

4. Count your blessings. It sounds corny, right? But in a world of social media domination and the sensory overload we experience on a daily basis, it's easy to get caught up in the petty, unimportant things in life. Things like, "why did that person unfollow me on instagram?" or "why is traffic so bad today?" etc. Be present. Be thankful. Experience gratitude and the feeling of being fully in the moment. I have been glued to my computer (at work) and my phone (for my blog/email/work, etc.) lately, and I know I could use a reminder of what is really important in life. At the end of the day, the little things are the big things. Remember that.

5. Have a cup of tea and get to bed early. There is nothing quite like having a cup of tea with lots of honey before bed. Just feeling the warmth in your hands, being in your pajamas, maybe cuddling up with a cat or a loved one and reading a good book. Let's be real, does it get any better than that?

I'd love to know, what do you do to combat burnout? How do you rest and rejuvenate? Thanks as always for reading and I hope you're having a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio