Thursday, February 25, 2016

Baked Oatmeal

Happy Thursday! Thank goodness it's Friday Eve!!

I made this delicious baked oatmeal for SH and I last Saturday. I wish I had taken photos but honestly sometimes I just get caught up in the kitchen and don't take step by step photos of what I'm doing!

If you love oatmeal and also want something that tastes like a treat, this is a great recipe for you :)
SH doesn't really like oatmeal and he loved this! I suggest eating it with some milk!

My friend Angela introduced me to this recipe on Allrecipes.com. Go here for the original recipe!

This makes 8 servings.

What you'll need:
3 cups rolled oats
1 cup brown sugar*
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
2 eggs
1/2 cup melted butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 cup dried cranberries
sprinkle in some cashews too**

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, mix together oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Beat in milk, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla extract. Stir in dried cranberries and cashews. Spread into a 9x13 inch baking dish.
3. Bake in a preheated oven for 40 minutes.

It's that easy!

Serve hot or let it cool and then serve! We ate it hot with milk and then I let it cool for a while and cut it into squares which I put away in baggies and popped in the fridge. Makes an easy to-go oatmeal square.

*I will probably use less sugar the next time I make this. It was almost a little TOO sweet. It really did taste like a dessert. (Didn't stop me from eating it for breakfast, though. :)
**I love cashews! You could also add almonds or any other yummy mixins. Also great as toppings once it's come out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio