Thursday, February 5, 2015

Valentine's Day Lip Color Picks

1/2/3/4

Good morning! Happy Friday Eve! Today we're talking Valentine's Day Lip Color picks. The lighting in my apartment is kind of weird so the white paper looks almost... iridescent, (but don't be fooled! I didn't filter this photo.) All that aside, I had a lot of fun kissing paper creating this cute little Valentine's Day lip color palette!

Which color would you choose to wear on Valentine's Day, 1, 2, 3 or 4? Do you have a go-to VDay lip color all picked out yet? 

I think one of the most fun parts about Valentine's Day is wearing lots of red and pink. I haven't decided what I'm going to wear yet, so once I have that figured out the the lip color will follow, but right now I'm leaning towards the flirty, pouty second color which is the Sephora Collection Ultra Shine Lip Gloss in Shiny Pin-up Pink. This lipgloss is super glossy, smooth, and very pretty on. It has a lot of color for a lipgloss and is a really fun, vibrant color, perfect for VDay! Also, because it's a gloss it doesn't fade unevenly or smudge outside of your lip lines the way that lipstick can. It's also super easy to reapply, you don't even need a mirror so just throw it in your bag and go.

As for the lipsticks, the first one on the palette is by NARS in Red Lizard. I got it recently and I like it a lot. It does start to fade around the middle after hours and some eating without reapplication (normal) so just make sure you reapply as necessary.

The third color is Kiss Me Coral by Revlon. I bought mine at a local drugstore but in searching for the link to include in this post I found that you can buy it at Walmart for like $5. Woo! I'm not wearing this color as often right now because I usually save it for summer, but I have quite a few Revlon lipsticks that I rotate through. To be perfectly honest I must prefer the Revlon ColorBurst crayons to their lipsticks. The application is easier and I think the color stays on longer. 

The last lip color is also the most expensive at $33. I like this lip color a lot because it's bold and punchy and super RED, but it is quite thin and runny, so you are truly painting it on your face. It's beautiful as long as you use a lipliner (if you don't it may bleed) and check yourself to make sure it's not on your teeth! It's definitely the most powerful color out of the four and extremely smooth to put on. If you want a really dramatic red, I think this is the one to go with. It's Georgio Armani Lip Maestro Lip Stain in Hollywood.

Side note: have any of you ever worn NARS lipstick in Shanghai Express? It looks really pretty online, but I can't really tell how it would look on just from that image.

I hope you all have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio